Influenza is a potentially serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death. An annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to help protect against flu. Vaccination has been shown to have many benefits including reducing the risk of flu illnesses, hospitalizations and even the risk of flu-related death in children. Source: www.cdc.gov
Flu Shot Forms
If you would like to complete and print your flu forms prior to arriving for your vaccination at Lewis Drug, click on the correct form below.
- Consent form for those 65+ (must be 65 or older to receive)
- Consent form for standard Quadrivalent vaccine
- Wednesday, September 15 | 8am - 5pm | Curbside
All Sioux Falls Lewis Locations (Does not include Downtown Location)
- Tuesday, September 28 | 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday, September 29 | 9am - 5pm
- Friday, October 1 |8:30am - 11:30am
- Monday, October 4 | 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday, October 6 | 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday, October 6 | 8:30am - 2:30pm
- Friday, October 8 | 9am - 11am
Center for Active Generations
WALK-INS - South Dakota
Click location for store hours:
- Centerville (Thursday, 9am - 1pm ONLY)
- Clear Lake
- Dell Rapids
- Elk Point
- Sioux Falls
- Wessington Springs
WALK-INS - Iowa
WALK-INS - Minnesota
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I get a flu shot at Lewis?
Yes. Flu shots are offered at all Lewis pharmacies. Check the Events Calendar for the closest Lewis Flu Shot Schedule near you.
- Do I have to schedule my flu shot?
Lewis accepts walk-ins and flu shot appointments.
- Who gives the flu shot at Lewis?
Our licensed pharmacists administer the flu shots.
- Is my flu shot covered by insurance?
Most insurance covers flu shots at Lewis. Speak with a pharmacist at your nearest Lewis to find out if your vaccine will be covered by insurance.
- Is it safe to get a flu shot at Lewis?
Yes. Lewis continues to meet or exceed CDC guidelines for safety and precautions, including enhanced cleaning regimens, social distancing protocols and plexiglass shields at registers.
- Does Lewis accept walk-in appointments for flu shots?
Yes. All Lewis pharmacies accept walk-in appointments for flu shots.
- When should people get the flu shot?
Flu shots are recommended as soon as they become available so as to avoid missing an opportunity to get vaccinated. However, because of the likelihood of diminished protection against flu later in the season, especially for older people, patients should consider getting vaccinated in September and October.† As long as flu viruses are circulating, flu vaccination should continue, even during the month of January or later. The CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will be providing updated recommendations regarding influenza, including ideal timing for patients to receive flu vaccinations for the upcoming flu season.
- Who should get vaccinated?
The CDC recommends that everyone who is six months and older get a flu vaccine every year. State, age and health restrictions may apply. Anyone who has concerns about getting a flu shot should talk to their pharmacist or healthcare provider.