Job Title: Part Time Associate Cashier
Reports To: Associate Cashier Supervisor, Floor Manager and Store Manager
Operates cash register to itemize and total customer’s purchases in grocery, department, or other retail store by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items, and totals purchases on cash register.
2. Collects cash, checks, or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions.
3. Uses the electronic scanner to record price.
4. Weighs items, bags merchandise, and redeems promotional coupons.
5. Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items.
6. Greets the customers at the register.
7. Provides a clean cash register area.
8. Checks for proper identification on checks and purchases of cigarettes and beer.
9. Any duty assigned by management.
Employee Role Expectations1. Must be neat and clean in appearance.
2. Have strong organization skills.
3. Must be a self-starter.
4. Able to take direction when needed.
5. Positive and friendly attitude.
6. Able to maintain composure when dealing with challenging situations.
7. Ability and desire to learn new skills.
8. Eager to help customers.
Entry level position. Some High-School or High-School diploma or equivalent required.
Please apply online or mail resume to Lewis Drug Corporate Office,
Human Resource Department: 2701 S Minnesota Ave, Suite 1
Sioux Falls, SD 57105.